With a new Michelin guide, Moscow's best-kept culinary secrets are out

Odpovědět
geemong

Příspěvek od geemong »

Obrázek

It's been described as one of the Russian capital's best-kept secrets: Moscow's restaurants are excellent.

The result could be lost. If you're going to play SLOT XO for free games, win them in order to win the jackpot.

Now the secret is out.

Michelin has published a Moscow Guide, heaping praise on Russian chefs and serving up its prestigious awards. Seven restaurants received one star. Two were awarded two stars.

"Inspectors have been particularly seduced by the high-quality local produce," said Gwendal Poullennec, Michelin Guide International Director.

"I'm super happy," chef Ivan Berezutsky told the BBC. "It's the favourite moment of my professional life. It's a fantastic moment for Moscow and for Russia."

Ivan and his brother Sergey are the twin chefs of Twins Garden. Their restaurant received two stars, plus an extra Green star award for sustainable practices.

How times have changed. When I lived in Moscow in the 1980s, eating out was a chore and a challenge. Restaurants had a reputation for surly service, poor choice and less than appetizing fare. I'll never forget the "Closed for Lunch" sign often hung on restaurant doors.

Today the choice of cuisine is mindboggling. Moscow has everything from gastropubs to kosher cafes. Ethiopian, Brazilian, Vietnamese - you name it, you can find it here. Soviet service (thank goodness) is a thing of the past. And food quality is generally very good.

Odpovědět